Happy Labor Day! I’m back from a quick whirlwind trip to the east coast. My boyfriend and I decided to take advantage of my three day weekend to fly me to the east coast and tour the Grounds For Sculpture show in New Jersey this past week. I will be doing a review later this week to showcase some highlights in a new installment in my “Places To Visit” series so stay tuned! Besides Grounds For Sculpture, we did totally normal couple things, like watch movies and make dinner together. Being in a LDR, it’s easy to always seem like you’re vacationing but I think these everyday things are normal to incorporate as well. He also helped me with my homework, in which during the process we found out my great great grandparents had 17 kids! :O
On ward with the August goals recap, shall we?
- Have a fun birthday in Las Vegas! PASS! I had the best birthday weekend ever in Vegas. I was sad because three days before my birthday I had found out my grandfather passed away but I still celebrated my birthday in honor of him because that’s what he would have wanted. Also, the boy got to meet my besties in Vegas and my padre!
- Do not spend any money eating out unless it’s my birthday weekend/ trip! PASS! I’ve been really good about eating in this month so please excuse me while I pat myself on the back! I have packed my lunch everyday and have even figured out how to have a 12-13 hour day without starving to death!
- Go to the dentist. Ugh. PASS. I did go to the dentist because I ended up needing a root canal but I also have my cleaning done so pass. Good news? I’ll be getting my braces off hopefully by Christmas!
- Make sure everything is ready to go for school! PASS. Everything was good to go and went smoothly!
- Have a good first week back at school! PASS. I had an excellent first week back and so far, I’ve been on top of it besides one pesky essay I didn’t notice. However, I suffered from exhaustion last week so I need to be mindful of that. Having chronic asthma, I really need to be conscious of my energy levels and be more proactive with my health. Yes, I said more.
- Launch my new site off the ground. FAIL. I would really like to do but I have a lot of other things currently in the air so we’ll see.
- Make an additional $1,000 FAIL I didn’t make this amount BUT I got another staff writing gig which I’ll be announcing soon. And if anyone is looking for a staff writer/ VA/ social media manager, please let me know!
- Save $500 ( more on this later) PASS. My emergency fund is looking a lot better so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can continue to save.
Next month will really be about keeping my life on track while maintaining everything that’s going on. I’ll be posting my September goals tomorrow!
How did you do this month?